Click on the links below to find out the details of the income and expenditure of the Sports Funding Grant at
Barons Court Primary School and Nursery. Look out for the documents throughout the year to find out how we have used our funding each term during the academic year 2022-2023.
The Spending of the Sports Funding Grant 2022-2023
Throughout this academic year we will be continuing to enhance our provision for P.E. across the school. This year our focus is:
Key Indicator 1 - The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Engaging all pupils in regular physical activity to ensure healthy active lifestyles - We will continue to ensure that all pupils throughout our school regularly participate in P.E. activities both within school and through our programme of extra curricular activities. Our pupil Sports Captains will also be redesigning our annual sports day to ensure that all children experience a wider range of physical activity and competitive sports. The Sports for Champions Workshop will be implemented across the school within our current academic year.
- Ensuring that all children across the school undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day - This year we will be providing additional sports coaches at lunchtime to run physical activity sessions for all pupils. The school will also continue to use the Milton Hall school field to enable more space to move and run during our PE lessons.
- Embedding a range of physical activities to promote and enhance children's well-being - This year we will be implementing a programme of well-being for all children to enjoy and participate in.
- To provide pupils with opportunities to develop their cycling skills and be safe to cycle on the road by the end of Year 6 - We will be implementing our cycling curriculum across the school so that all children are able to ride their bikes both confidently and safely.
Key Indicator 2 - The profile of PE being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increasing children's enthusiasm and motivation to take part in a range of physical development activities - We will be building on the success of our tennis, golf, bouldering and trampolining lessons within our curriculum in previous years to ensure that all children enjoy an alternative sporting experience in addition to the National Curriculum requirements.
- To increase children's enthusiasm to compete in sporting events - Throughout the year we will be providing opportunities for team squads to share their achievements through social media opportunities and through sharing their skills with the wider school community. Our pupil Sports Captains will be organising a series of inter school competitions and tournaments for all children to participate in.
Key Indicator 3: Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Raising the profile of P.E. across the school for a tool for whole school improvement and increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E. - We will continue to ensure our whole school commitment to excellent P.E. provision for all pupils through developing teacher expertise and providing a detailed professional development programme for all staff. We will be engaging, through our partnership with specialist coaches, on the Children's Health project throughout the academic year.
Key Indicator 4 - Children have a broad experience of a range of sports and activities which are offered to all children
- Continuing to enhance the existing provision for sporting clubs by providing extended provision until 5.30pm - Following stakeholder feedback we have continued to review our club provision and are implementing our new club provision with a variety of different sporting experiences after the school day for children.
- Broadening the experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils - We will continue to participate fully in borough wide sports activities and review termly the variety of clubs offered to our pupils.
- Embedding a wide range of sports for all abilities in a meaningful and sustained manner - We have ensured enrichment PE experiences for all children through the engagement of our Primary Stars programme, golf lessons, bouldering, trampolining and golf lessons throughout the school.
Key Indicator 5 - Increased participation in competitive sport
- Increasing participation in competitive sport - We will continue to participate fully in borough wide sports competitions and embed a programme of inter-house competitions throughout the school year.
- Ensure pupils are aware of sporting activities and achievements across the school through both in school and out of school achievements - School competitions and out of school achievements are reported in the newsletter, website and the school app. Each sport squad will produce a report, either written or visually to share with the whole school community.