Click on the links below to find out the details of the income and expenditure of the Sports Funding Grant at
Barons Court Primary School and Nursery.
The Spending of the Sports Funding Grant 2017-2018
Throughout this academic year we will be continuing to enhance our provision for P.E. across the school. This year our focus is:
- Continuing to enhance the existing provision for sporting clubs by providing extended provision until 5.30pm - Following stakeholder feedback we have reviewed our club provision and are implementing a variety of different sporting experiences after the school day.
- Broadening the experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils - We will continue to participate fully in borough wide sports activities and review termly the variety of clubs offered to our pupils.
- Offering a range of alternative sports for all phases to enable children to embed and master new skills - We will be building on the success of our tennis, Parkour and trampolining lessons within Phase 4 last year to ensure that all children enjoy an alternative sporting experience in addition to the National Curriculum requirements.
- Engaging all pupils in regular physical activity to ensure healthy active lifestyles - We will continue to ensure that all pupils throughout our school regularly participate in P.E. activities both within school and through our programme of extra curriculum activities.
- Encouraging more girls to participate in after school sporting clubs by offering dancing specialist coaches - Throughout the year we are aiming to engage with community specialist coaches to provide girls with a range of after school clubs based on their feedback from pupil voice surveys.
Raising the profile of P.E. across the school for a tool for whole school improvement and increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching P.E. - We will continue to ensure our whole school commitment to excellent P.E. provision for all pupils through developing teacher expertise and providing a detailed professional development programme for all staff.
To provide pupils with opportunities to develop their cycling skills and be safe to cycle on the road by the end of Year 6 - We will be implementing our cycling curriculum across the school so that all children are able to ride their bikes both confidently and safely.
- Increasing participation in competitive sport - We will continue to participate fully in borough wide sports competitions and embed a programme of inter-house competitions throughout the school year.
To provide regular swimming lessons throughout the academic year for all pupils (Reception-Year 6) - All children throughout the school year will receive swimming lessons to ensure confident swimmers at all levels.
Please click on the documents throughout the year to find out how we have used our funding each term during the academic year 2017-2018.